Happy Friday! Since this was the week of all things DIY here on the blog and on my Instagram, I thought it would be fun to get handy hubby involved with this one and he will be sharing his 5 essential tools for DIYs. Some of these tools are expensive but they pay for themselves in the end in terms of your frustration, quality of work and your sweat equity. They truly are an investment! Here are handy hubby's 5 essentials for DIYs and the very products we use in our home for all our projects!
This post contains affiliate links. As always, thank you for supporting my blog!
1. Electric Compressor and 18-Gauge Brad Nailer - Handy hubby uses this when nailing up any kind trim work, moulding, boards such as shiplap, furniture pieces and more! You can also add additional nail guns such as a framing nailer or a finishing nailer. He likes using the compressor because you can adjust the airflow and setting of the nail. This is definitely an investment piece.
2. Miter Saw - Handy hubby uses this for cutting anything and everything! It makes straight cuts, cuts at angles up to 50 degrees and makes the precise cuts needed for all our DIY projects. Again, another investment but one that will pay off for many years to come.
3. Cordless Drill/Driver - Another essential for any DIY project! This one is compact, lightweight and can fit into tight areas. It is a handy tool to have around the house for all jobs, big or small.
4. Wet/Dry Vac - Every project has a mess to clean up! This gets the job done from cleaning up sawdust to a leaky toilet mess. Handy hubby actually has two in different sizes!
5. Carpentry Tools - Everyone should have a good level, measuring tape and rafter square in their toolbox! Tools you need for every project, big or small! All 3 came in hand today in nailing up the shiplap boards in our DIY Fireplace!
I hope this helpful to you! It does take some investment in building up your own workshop for projects! But I promise it is all worth it in the end as you have the tools needed to DIY your next house project!
SHOP THIS POST