Today I am sharing a super yummy and healthy recipe cooked up by sister, Chrisie. It's a great snack for when you are on the go and need a quick fix before lunch or dinner. The kids also love this one as well and its perfect packed in their lunchbox or as an after school snack. Enjoy!
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup oats
1 cup brown cocoa krispy rice cereal
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 3.5oz bar dark chocolate, 70% or higher cacao; break into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, combine oats, rice cereal, sea salt, dark chocolate and vanilla extract; set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt almond butter, coconut oil and
maple syrup; pour over dry ingredients.
3. Stir together and pour mixture into a 8x8 baking dish.
4. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
5. Refrigerate till firm and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.