Strawberry season is here and over the weekend we picked over 9 pounds of strawberries at a local farm. Yes, 9 pounds!! Needless to say we are on strawberry overload. I used about a pint of them for this strawberry bread recipe that is great for breakfast or serve with some whipped cream for dessert. Enjoy! Cheers to summer and berry season!
1 pint fresh strawberries, stems cut and halved
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
2. After slicing berries, place them in a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
4. Mix oil and eggs into the berry mixture and beat well.
5. Add berries to flour mixture, mixing to combine.
6. Add mixture to loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes; cool for 15 minutes on wire rack before serving.