By popular request, I am sharing a family favorite recipe today. The perfect comfort food on a chilly winter day and a must for a quick family dinner that is easy to whip up. I usually make this in the afternoon so all I have to do is heat it up right before dinnertime. Enjoy!!!
POPPYSEED CHICKEN CASSEROLE
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked then shredded
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 small container sour cream
1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
2-3 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1. Boil or cook chicken breast, then shred or chop into bite sized pieces.
2. Place cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup and sour cream in casserole dish and mix together well.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter.
4. In small bowl, crush by the handful the Ritz crackers; toss in poppy seeds; mix well.
5. Slowly pour the melted butter into the cracker mixture; stir to combine.
6. Top the casserole with the Ritz cracker mixture; cover with foil.
7. Place in 350 degrees preheated oven for 15 minute, covered. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.