St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner and every year, to get in the spirit, the kids help make these sweet Irish Potato Candies. Just a warning: they can get messy but the kids LOVE it and they are SWEET! One little bite may be all you need to catch some leprechaun magic. Enjoy!
IRISH POTATO CANDY
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/4 cup coconut flakes
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract.
2. Slowly add in powdered sugar and beat until combined.
3. Toss in coconut flakes and stir.
4. Carefully roll mixture into small balls or potato shapes. Roll each ball around in cinnamon until covered.
5. Chill the candy balls in the fridge until ready to serve and eat within 3-5 days.
*This recipe will yield between 20-25 candy balls*