Nothing says summer like a homemade peach cobbler using fresh picked peaches. I like using fresh peaches bought from our local farmers market but you can certainly use canned peaches if desired.
The key to making peach cobbler with fresh peaches is removing the skins first. The trick to getting the skins off easily is by placing the peaches for 30 seconds in boiling water. Remove each carefully using a spoon and then drop in a bowl of ice water for 10 seconds. The skins should come off super easy!
Here is my recipe for an easy homemade peach cobbler. Serve warm with some vanilla ice cream on top. Yum!
HOMEMADE PEACH COBBLER
5 fresh peaches, skins removed and sliced thinly
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup flour, sifted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 stick butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare peaches by removing skins and slicing each. Place peaches in the bottom of a
casserole or pie dish. Squeeze lemon juice over peaches.
3. Sift flour and place in large mixing bowl. Add sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
4. In small bowl, slightly beat egg and then add to bowl of dry ingredients. Mix with fork under mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches.
5. Melt butter in saucepan and then drizzle over top of cobbler mixture.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes; serve warm.