Cold winter nights certainly call for a soup to warm us up! This soup is super simple to make with fresh veggies, store bought rotisserie chicken, and egg noodles. And it's on the table in 30 minutes!!!
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 stalks of celery, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1/2 yellow onion, diced
4 cups of chicken broth
1/2 package of egg noodles, cooked & drained
1 store bought rotisserie chicken, pulled apart, then chopped or shredded
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Begin boiling water in a small pot for the egg noodles while you prep the soup. Follow directions on egg noodle packaging, drain and set aside.
2. Saute in large pot, olive oil, celery, carrots and onion; add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add chicken broth to pot and bring to a slow boil.
4. Prep chicken by pulling apart and chop into bite-sized chunks. *You can even do this earlier in the day and store in fridge until soup is ready.
5. Once stock is boiling, add chicken and simmer for at least 5 minutes.
6. Before serving, add in the egg noodles and gently stir soup.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve and enjoy!