Today's handmade gift is one your family and friends will love and can really be altered for anyone! Heating pads are a great relief for stiff necks, sore muscles, headaches and more! I whipped this one up for my mom who is suffering from some hip pain and I hope this helps alleviate her pain after a long day. You can add any combination of essential oils or fragrance to yours. I added lavender and Panaway essential oils as it may help to reduce pain and inflammation. This heating pad is a quick sew and easy enough for any beginner.
DIY HOMEMADE SCENTED HEATING PAD
1 strip of fabric 6.5" x 10.5" (we used a soft cotton flannel)
3 cups of rice
4-6 drops of Panaway essential oil
2 drops of Lavender essential oil
1. Cut out fabric to desired length and width.
2. Place both pieces right sides together and sew around the sides leaving a small
opening to add the rice. Pull it right side out and iron flat.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add rice and essential oil drops. Mix well.
4. Using a funnel or spoon, add the rice to the opening and fill the pad.
5. Sew the small flap closed and then carefully sew around all edges
to ensure no rice escapes and to give the heating pad a nice finished look.