Treasure those tiny prints forever on canvas with this fun DIY for Mother's Day! My sister made this for me last year as a birthday gift and it is something I will treasure forever! Its a fun project to do with the kids (what kid doesn't love getting messy!) and is a great gift for grandma too!
HANDPRINT FLOWERS ON CANVAS
1 canvas (ours is sized 12x16)
1 piece of large scrapbook paper
1. Start by tracing and cutting out the shape of vase you would like on the canvas. Glue on canvas using craft glue.
2. Mark lightly with pencil where you would like to place the kids handprints.
3. Start with the center one first and then place on each side in varying heights.
4. Using green craft paint, paint the stem.
5. Once the handprints are dried, using yellow craft paint, paint the center of the flower.
6. Allow the canvas to dry for at least 24 hours and then using Modge Podge (we chose a matte finish) paint the entire piece over one time. This just protects the paint and gives it a more finished look.
7. You can leave as is or frame the canvas!
What a beautiful gift! Happy Mother's Day! xoxo