Wow your guest at your Superbowl Party with our DIY Football Goalpost Centerpiece! Using supplies from your local hardware and craft store, your party table will be the center of attention on game day!
Use as a centerpiece on your table and SCORE your all set for a football bash! See full party details of our Backyard Football Bash here.
(2) white 1/2 inch wide PVC piping of 24 inches (2 ft)
(2) white 1/2 inch wide 90-degree elbow (slip x slip)
(1) white 1/2 inch wide tee (slip x slip x slip)
white galvanized bucket
floral foam block
white duct tape
decorative grass fill
1. Cut the white 1/2 inch wide PVC piping into the following sizes:
(A) 8 inch piece X 2 (this will create the left and right sides of the goal post)
(B) 5 inch piece X 2 (this will create the bottom two sides)
(C) 11 inch piece (this is the goal center pole)
*** This can be done at your local hardware store or at home if you have a handsaw or hacksaw.***
2. Assemble the goal post by taking the cut PVC piping from step #1 and connecting them to the three connectors:
~ Connect a (A) and (B) piece together using a elbow (make two of these)
~ Connect the both pieces (from above) to the tee connector using the (B) piece
~ Connect the last piece, (C), to the bottom of the tee connector
3. Once your football goal post has been created you will notice several markings, bar-codes, etc., on the PVC pipe. To cover them up, take pieces of the white duct ape and put over the PVC markings.
4. Take the finished goal post and place it in the floral foam. Place into the white galvanized bucket and cover with decorative grass.
Have fun rooting on your favorite team!