'Tis the season! One of my favorite parts about the Christmas season is the baking! Pulling out those old family favorite recipes and spending a lazy Saturday just baking in the kitchen. The kids are old enough now to lend a hand and I always have a few cookie recipes that are "tried and true", the ones I make every single year. This week I will be sharing a recipe a day of my family favorites. Today's recipe is a classic, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. Enjoy!
OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 1/2 cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup Crisco
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups oats
1 12 ounce package milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your baking sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, beat Crisco, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla.
4. Add in eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add rolled oats to dry mixture and gradually add and beat the dry mixture into bowl.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Roll dough into balls and drop onto sheets.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes.